Submitted by North West Region and passed unanimously
This Momentum National Committee expresses its solidarity with:
- Party members in suspended Labour Parties including Wallasey;
- Party members where their democratic operation is under attack, such as Liverpool Riverside whose AGM is being delayed;
- Brighton and Hove DLP whose elections have been annulled, and
- Members who have been unjustly suspended and expelled across the country.
The National Committee agrees to:
- Support activists in Wallasey CLP, Liverpool Riverside CLP and Brighton and Hove DLP in quickly re-establishing their Parties under the democratic control of their members;
- Investigate which other CLPs and Party Branches are suspended and why, trying to make contact with activists and offer help and support;
- Issue a national email to the Momentum database with a model motion urging supporters to put it to Party Branches, CLPs and affiliated Unions, to raise this issue across the country.
- Work with Labour Party units and Trade Unions to convene a meeting of activists to consider what further practical steps can be taken at all levels in the Party and the unions to get suspended CLPs functioning again, establish fair and proper procedures for considering complaints, and ensure that individual members are fairly treated. The meeting should be a working event, involving Momentum Steering Committee members, left wing NEC members, activists from suspended Parties, and people from the various groups which are campaigning on these issues. It should aim to draw up an agreed plan of action to assist suspended Parties and unjustly expelled or suspended members.