There have been a number of successes for the campaign to stop the witch-hunt against the left in the Labour Party.
Andrew Fisher, Jeremy Corbyn’s chief policy adviser, has been reinstated to membership after a month of suspension.
At least three socialists who had been expelled from the Labour Party have been reinstated follow appeals and protests locally.
Several of the eight comrades expelled because of their association with Workers’ Liberty has received confirmation that they will have an appeal hearing. The other comrades are also appealing and protesting.
On the other hand the Stop the Labour Purge campaign has received reports of other left-wingers expelled from the party in places around the country. In other words, the campaign to stop the purge is both highly necessary – and, if we step it up, can win.
- What you can do:
Come or send a report to our organising meeting on Tuesday 15 December
6.30pm, Tuesday 15 December, at the Shipwright’s Arms, 88 Tooley St, London SE1 2TF
- Like and share the campaign Facebook page
- Pass a motion against the purge through your Labour Party ward, CLP, union or other organisation. See the motion at this page on this site
- Add you or your organisation’s name to the statement signed by hundreds of labour movement activists across the country – do this at this page on this site
- Invite a speaker from the campaign by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get in touch to let us know if you have any information about expulsions, people being barred, etc, or want to help with the campaign.
You can either email us using the address above or fill in the form on this page